Origami Labs is the maker of the OFLO System, a communication solution that empowers frontline staff with the power of computing, increasing their productivity, efficiency, and engagement.
The idea began with Kevin's (our CEO) father. Kevin grew up with his visually-impaired father and watched him use screen-free alternatives to interact with technology. Inspired by the principles of inclusive design, the team experimented with ways to make interacting with phones screen-free.
OFLO was built on the belief that businesses can leverage this same idea to make communication flow simpler and more natural for everyone.
Supported by the HK Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Hong Kong’s Cyberport, and The Mills Fabrica, we founded Origami Labs to bring together energetic, pioneering people to build ground-breaking products and services.
The Operations Intern role offers a broad range of work experience that gives you exposure to all aspects of starting and operating a business. Directly reporting to the Operations Lead, this role supports the critical daily activities of the company, including finance, customer engagement, promotional events, logistics, and planning.
- Build processes and systems that allow the company to move forward quickly, efficiently, and professionally, including HR, finance, and logistics processes.
- Assist in financial support, utilizing cloud-based accounting software for internal finance procedures such as payroll and reimbursement.
- Provide support for business development plan with assistance in funding, projection, and related tasks.
- Empower the other teams in the company by ensuring they have the right resources at the right time, and by creating an optimal working environment and culture.
- Engage customers to gain market insights through customer queries.
- Strong ability and passion for organizing and planning
- Accounting background preferred, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong command of spoken and written English or Cantonese.
- A good sense of humor is always a plus!
- Office is based in Tsuen Wan
- Part-time immediate start, Full-time expected May/June 2020 start, 6-8 weeks duration
- Monthly stipend available
Introduce yourself to us at email@example.com if you have the hunger to build something truly new and exciting!