We are looking for a DevOps/backend engineer to develop a customer-facing portal, user admin panel, as well as application-to-application integrations, services, internal and external APIs, file transfer and SQL queries. You will join a young, dynamic, international team with diverse academic and cultural backgrounds, and impact across different levels within the organization. This role will require strong collaboration, open communication, experienced technical know-how, and a lot of creativity. Furthermore, everyone in the company is empowered to explore and implement new ideas and improvements. If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
- Develop customer-facing portals and user admin panel
- Own and drive integration strategy with enterprise client data
- Import data from third-party vendors via APIs or SDKs
- Own and maintain core data exchange and integration systems tools, practices and definitions
- Follow industry best practices for developing integration APIs and security and data protection
- Learn new technologies and languages quickly
- Be a team player and be open and ready to adapt to changing business and customer demands
- 2-5 years of experience implementing middleware based integration solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with the software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, and maintenance
- Develop/design enterprise APIs and shared technology solutions
- Good understanding of web network protocols such as HTTP, JSON, XML-RPC, and SSL
- Experience designing APIs, and are a proponent of API-first development is a plus
- Good understanding of writing integration APIs for user-facing elements that were developed by front end developers
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- Passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Strong team player and good communications skills with experience working in an Agile framework
- Experience in generating statistical insights from unstructured data is an advantage
- You will work at a shared office space in Taipei
- 14 days annual leave
- Salary range NTD 1,000 K to 1,500 K (all-in) per year
If you have a hunger to build something truly new and work with an experienced and closely-knit team, we want you on board!
Origami Labs is an innovative technology startup headquartered in Hong Kong with offices in Taipei and Sydney. We focus on redefining the enterprise mobile computing experience through screen-free, voice and gesture-based products and services. Our latest product, Oflo, is a new mobile solution built on the concept of replacing visuals with an interactive audio interface.
Our first product, ORII, is the world’s first smart ring that uses voice interface technology to send messages and make phone calls discreetly and stylishly. Designed to help individuals and professional teams communicate in screen free ways, ORII launched globally in 2017 and garnered 300+ media mentions, including, TechCrunch, Engadget, Mashable, The Verge, GQ, and Hypebeast.
Engadget: “A more natural way of interacting with my voice assistant.”
Mashable: “It’s literally never been easier to take a call.”
Hypebeast: “The next step forward in wearable tech.”
Backed by the HK Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Cyberport incubation, and The Mills Fabrica tech style accelerator, we founded Origami Labs to bring together energetic, pioneering people to build ground-breaking products and services.
Kickstarter Campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/187732114/orii-your-voice-powered-smart-ring