The Product Design Engineer will play a critical role in product development and manufacturing. The position reports to the CTO and is intended for an experienced engineer with a passion for product design and hands-on product development. In collaboration with our product development team, the individual will have design ownership and implement concepts with our manufacturing partners. This role is ideal for individuals seeking the challenge of bringing a brand new product to market and the experience of being on an energetic startup team.
- Apply innovative problem solving skills to support new product concepts and company vision
- Turn concepts into prototypes for testing
- Create 3D CAD, engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for mechanical components and assemblies
- Understand and apply engineering analysis tools such as FEA and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs
- Apply “design-for-manufacturing” mentality to deliver cost effective, high performance, reliable designs for low to high volumes
- Effectively communicate design choices and project status to a project stakeholders
- Proven track record in product development (2+ years experience)
- Functional understanding of prototyping, sketching and testing methods used in design development
- Strong familiarity in the use of 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) software packages
- Experience in parts manufacturing techniques (moulding/machining/castings/stamping) and troubleshooting
- Broad understanding of fundamentals of mechanics, material properties, manufacturing processes related to common engineering materials, as well as awareness of the application of electronics
- Strong written and spoken English is required; Cantonese and Mandarin speaking preferred
- A degree in relevant engineering or product design discipline
- A good sense of humor is always a benefit!
- Willing to sponsor working visa for qualified candidates
- Office is based in Kowloon Tong
- MPF and health insurance
- Salary $25 - $31K/month based on level of experience
- Introduce yourself to us at email@example.com
At Origami Labs we take a fresh look at how technology integrates with our lives and impact the world for the better. We start with building a team of passionate, hardworking, practical dreamers who believe in the power of ideas. By finding great people to share our vision, we tackle challenges together and bring new things into the world.
Our flagship product is ORII, the world’s first smart ring that uses voice assistant technology to let wearers sending messages and make phone calls in a discreet and stylish way. ORII launched globally in 2017 and garnered 300+ media mentions, including, TechCrunch, Engadget, Mashable, The Verge, GQ, and Hypebeast.
We are backed by the HK Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Cyberport incubation, and The Mills Fabrica tech-style accelerator. If you are ready to bring your career to Origami Labs, you’ll be joining strong team in a fantastic, friendly work atmosphere that’s focused on seeing results.