The Mechanical Engineer supports critical product development, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing activities. The position is intended for a highly motivated candidate with a passion for open-ended, hands-on product development and a desire to learn about consumer electronics design and bringing innovative products to market. This position reports to the Head of Product Development and will also work closely with the Head of Manufacturing & Logistics.
- Work with our cross-functional teams to define product requirements / tradeoffs and translate into specifications
- Support hands-on rapid prototyping and testing of product features and components, including sensors, electrical components, materials, and mechanical design.
- Assist with the coordination with engineering and manufacturing partners to bring up production
- Conduct component sourcing and selection research
- Work in fast pace team setting in collaboration with marketing and design
- Graduate student majoring in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Design
- Familiarity with hardware prototyping, wireless protocols, and firmware development valuable (candidates with robotics team experience a plus)
- Experience with CAD (Pro E, Rhino, Solidworks etc) helpful
- A team player with high level of curiosity and passion for startups and product development
- Strong written and spoken English is required; Cantonese and Mandarin speaking helpful
- A good sense of humor is always a plus!
- Willing to sponsor working visa for qualified candidates
- Office is based in Kowloon Tong • MPF and health insurance
- Salary $18 - $21K/month
- Introduce yourself to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Origami Labs we take a fresh look at how technology integrates with our lives and impact the world for the better. We start with building a team of passionate, hardworking, practical dreamers who believe in the power of ideas. By finding great people to share our vision, we tackle challenges together and bring new things into the world.
Our flagship product is ORII, the world’s first smart ring that uses voice assistant technology to let wearers sending messages and make phone calls in a discreet and stylish way. ORII launched globally in 2017 and garnered 300+ media mentions, including, TechCrunch, Engadget, Mashable, The Verge, GQ, and Hypebeast.
We are backed by the HK Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Cyberport incubation, and The Mills Fabrica tech-style accelerator. If you are ready to bring your career to Origami Labs, you’ll be joining strong team in a fantastic, friendly work atmosphere that’s focused on seeing results.