- The successful candidate will be instrumental in developing new features for native mobile Android applications, responding to new business requirements
- While your primary responsibilities will be to develope features for existing products, you will be able to contribute to all aspects of future products
- We will need you to pick up new technologies and languages quickly, be a team player, and adapt to changing business and customer needs.
- 2-4 year experience with end-to-end development of native Android mobile applications, integrating with RESTful web services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with background services, broadcast and thread controlling
- Experience with MVVM, LiveData, Navigation and Dependency Injection is a plus
- Experience with communicating with Bluetooth devices (Bluetooth APIs) is a plus
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- A collaborative approach, strong team player and good communications skills with experience working in an Agile framework
- A team player with a high level of creativity and passion for startups and product development
- You will work at a shared office space in Taipei
- 14 days annual leave
- Salary range NTD 600 K to 1,200 K (all-in) per year
If you have a hunger to build something truly new and work with an experienced and closely-knit team, we want you on board!
Origami Labs is an innovative technology startup headquartered in Hong Kong with offices in Taipei and Sydney. We focus on redefining the enterprise mobile computing experience through screen-free, voice and gesture-based products and services. Our latest product, Oflo, is a new mobile solution built on the concept of replacing visuals with an interactive audio interface.
Our first product, ORII, is the world’s first smart ring that uses voice interface technology to send messages and make phone calls discreetly and stylishly. Designed to help individuals and professional teams communicate in screen free ways, ORII launched globally in 2017 and garnered 300+ media mentions, including, TechCrunch, Engadget, Mashable, The Verge, GQ, and Hypebeast.
Engadget: “A more natural way of interacting with my voice assistant.”
Mashable: “It’s literally never been easier to take a call.”
Hypebeast: “The next step forward in wearable tech.”
Backed by the HK Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Cyberport incubation, and The Mills Fabrica tech style accelerator, we founded Origami Labs to bring together energetic, pioneering people to build ground-breaking products and services.
Kickstarter Campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/187732114/orii-your-voice-powered-smart-ring
Forbes coverage: “This Hong Kong ‘Smart Ring’ Startup Raised $2.5M to Crack the Wearables Market”